Wednesday, August 27, 2014

ONW NOW ENDING QUARTER PROJECT OUTLINE

For my First Quarter Project in my Animation class, I am going to completely revolutionize the look of the ONW NOW Production Ending.

ONW NOW is a weekly news like report show that would broadcast members of the Video Strand interviewing the latest news and updates occurring in school, like Homecoming, recent sports matches, and plays. In the past, the ending of ONW NOW looked very similar to the Universal Productions Globe with the text wrapping around the globe, and stretching out to the center. This ending has been used for the past 6 to 7 years, and from watching it, you can tell the ending desperately needs to be changed.


The new look I have proposed for ONW NOW looks similar to the opening of ESPN Sports Center, which to me looks a little bit like Iron Man. It will be made on After Effects with a video tutorial from Video Copilot, using the Advance Spin FX Effect.





This video goes through a step by step tutorial on how to do the major effects like the spinning, light flashes, and line movements. My teacher, Mr. Netterville said that I am able to follow the tutorial, but only from scratch. That means I can't use any of the provided downloads on the tutorial like the Audio File. Because of this, I had to find my own audio and edit it.

I got my audio files from Ism Films.com, a website that allows you to download royalty free music and sound effects for projects. I then combined and edited the audio files from After Effects so I can match it up with the animation.






Over here is my first rough draft of my storyboard. I drew the images somewhat accurately to the tutorial by pausing at each major frame and sketching it. The main difference between my edited version compared to the one on Video Copilot is the circle's circumference, color scheme to match the high school colors of black and blue, and a logo of ONW NOW popping up at the end, and closing with a blackout flash.










Once everything is compiled, I will follow the video tutorial. The first part of the video is making the frequency bar with my audio, and making modifications to it.







After that on a new composition, I will make spinning lines with the Vegas effect, and copy, arrange, and edit them to match the tutorial. Once that is done, I will merge the two compositions together,

Final editing will be made with major modifications like adding a logo for ONW NOW, with the help of the Graphic Design team, changing the color scheme and circle's circumference.






At the end, I will add the one and only Optical Flares, available on Video Copilot, to add in some point lights to my project. This tiny detail can surely help my project flash out a little bit.







When everything is done, I will render my project for a class evaluation, and make modifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment