Saturday, March 21, 2015

TEN APPLES UP ON TOP SELF REFLECTION

Finishing my Ten Apples Up on Top animation made me feel like I had to balance ten apples up on me while working. I ran into major conflicts along the process of making this animation. Let's just say my "simple" animation turned out to be very "complex".

In my last post, I mentioned how coloring took lots of time. This apparently turned out to be the case for everything else; the drawings, setting key frames in After Effects, backgrounds.











Staying after school almost everyday for long periods of time was the only way to get ahead. That also meant sacrificing homework and studying time, eventually dropping my grades. I was not on track, and knew that a new plan was necessary for me.

With this cut that had to be made, I finished up as much as possible and rendered the first third of the animation, the part that was fully completed without any rough sketches.







Although I did not finish my project, I learned a valuable lesson. Don't go too far and beyond on projects. For my future projects, I will look for shortcuts to use and avoid complicated ways to animate. Here is my final product of what I had for the animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment