Wednesday, April 6, 2016

EMAGINE 2016


eMagine was this Saturday, and I decided to enter in my Birds animation like I mentioned before. I also submitted my blog for eMagine under the "Blog" category because of how well I have cleaned my blog up to look more professional. My Birds animation didn't make it to the top 5 category under 2D Animation. However, this blog was a finalist for the Blog category! I was very surprised about this, even though I anticipated to earn an award for Birds, or at least become a top 5 finalist for 2D Animation.


During the eMagine ceremony, I saw all of the other entries and paid close attention to the animations and websites that were entered in. When my blog came up, the screen showed screenshots of my blog posts from Birds and Poly-Jerboa. I felt like my blog was pretty average compared to the others since I only slightly modified my given template and edited the colors-nothing too fancy. The reasoning behind this was a time crunch and I couldn't figure out what additional HTML5 codes I should've added to my blog layout. While I didn't make it to the top 3, I am honored about how far my blog has progressed in the last year. I also felt like Birds should've been a finalist, but I guess the judges didn't recognize the effort I put into my project.

With this being my final year of eMagine, I really enjoyed this year's celebration and every aspect of it from cheering for all of the entries from Olathe Northwest, endless laughter, and having everyone see my blog. It was a great experience for all students, and hope to come back to more eMagine ceremonies in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment