Monday, May 9, 2016

SENIOR SHOWCASE

Route Sixteen Entrance
This past week, I was a part of e-Communication's Senior Showcase, where I showcased all of my work I have done relating to animation since I joined the program. The theme for this year's senior show was "Route Sixteen", which focused on how far each senior has come in eComm and what their next destination will be after high school.

My Senior Showcase Table
All of the seniors were assigned a table to place their business cards and computers to play their demo reels, showcase their websites, and or their graphics. They were also given a name tag and if an endorsed senior, they received a special sign on their desk. Both of these signs had the same color and represented each specific strand. Along with that, seniors could also place additional items on their desk that relate to their work like a sketchbook, camera, or other special awards a student has earned.

Dr. Poss Visiting My Table
After my table was set up, dozens of people came in to see what work I had ready to showcase. I met a variety of guests there from underclassmen in eComm, parents of eComm seniors, industrial professionals, and district employees. The most interesting people I got to meet were the middle schoolers about to enter in eComm. They came in either learning about their desired strand and or getting to know more about each strand. I felt like I was leaving a legacy behind on these future students as I discussed about my work.

Guests Enjoying My Demo Reel
As people came to my table, I introduced myself as a senior animation with a focus on 2D Animation. I had my demo reel playing in the background so people could see my work and understand what kind of animations I have done. A lot of people appreciated my work and asked several questions about what programs I used, how long each project took me, and my future plans after high school.

Parent Watching Demo Reel
Client Asking Questions
Route Sixteen Brochure Station

Even though Senior Show ended, you can stop by here and revisit the event by learning about each senior and the work they have accomplished!

You can also watch my demo reel that I presented at Senior Show here!

No comments:

Post a Comment