Wednesday, September 17, 2014

ONW NOW ENDING UPDATE

Over the past two weeks, I have worked on my project for animation, the ONW NOW Ending. More information about the beginning stages of creating this project are posted in the post below.

On Video CoPilot, I have watched the video tutorial and followed the steps given. The video required me to make multiple compositions, something new to me because on past projects, I would do all of my work under one composition.

The first composition I made involved converting an audio to an audio frequency line, called an Audio Spectrum.That spectrum was then made to a circle with a mask. I then copied the mask and added effects to it like digital lines, analog lines, and analog dots. Scaling and repositioning to the other masks were added and adjusted to change the appearance.


 This kind of process was done to all of the compositions, and given different looks. For the second one, the outer line was given the Force Motion Blur, to have that lowered opacity feel with added lines. Another effect included to the audio spectrums is which way the frequency bars go up and move. These bars can either stick out on the inside, outside, or both sides of the circle, as shown on the middle circle here.

The next two compositions involved working from scratch, without the original audio used in the last compositions. I added in the Vegas effect, which lets a line circumnavigate a mask. Added effects were also edited, like the number of segments, or lines, are circling the perimeter, and the length, thickness, and opacity of these segments.


This last composition included all but one effect as mentioned before, called the Stroke effect. This effect originally makes a circular path of dots. I then combined these lines with one of the layers with the Vegas effect, and edited them to give a different feeling for the moving lines.





I then converted all of the compositions above to a Quicktime Movie, imported them to a new composition, merged, and edited the files to fit the tutorial. What was then resulted was this, which I thought turned out very well. All I need to do now is add color, glowing effects, and to animate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment