Wednesday, September 24, 2014

ONW NOW LOGO PROGRESSION


For the past few days, I have thought about ideas for the ONW NOW Logo for my project. So I thought that it would be a good idea to blog about it.


My first thoughts of planning out the logo, was to do something related to ONW and the raven mascot. I then googled some raven logo ideas, and thought this image would be a good example. I would use the text,"ONW NOW", and incorporate a raven shilouette on the letter W.
This idea made me think of eCommunication's "eMagine Festival", an annual event at Olathe Northwest where schools across the metro area meet and compete against all of the school's finalists on projects pertaining to graphic design, web design, animation, and video. The most successful logo concept for this event is the raven and the branch, where the raven represents ONW, and the branch represents each strand, which connects together in a tree.


After some reflection, I realized that this idea did not fit my project. I then came across the school's compass logo, as shown to the left, and appreciated this idea. The compass logo works out very well for the ONW NOW Ending project because of it's circular shape, similar color palette, and the three radii  present, which looks similar to the multiple circular layers in the original project.




Here is a screenshot of the compass covering the spinning layers. Added details like the frequency bars appeal to me because they move up and down to the sound effects. The glowing navy blue background emphasizes the movement of the compass and it's points. Also, since the compass is the main focus right now, it shows how important ONW is compared to all of the other details placed in the project. 



After this experience of planning the logo that will be placed in my project, I have learned that things don't always go as originally planned, and that I sure do prefer this plan over my original plan of meeting with the Graphic Design and Video teams to discuss this. It would also help save some headaches because both groups are busy this week for helping out with Homecoming events this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment